In a generation where orthodoxy's lamented slide to the right continues its embarrassing descent, CSG is a little tugboat pulling with all his or her might to the left.


The unsung heroes of the CSG.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Too frum for school

I am glad I missed the world premiere
I had noticed recently that I had been becoming 'frumer'. This is strange since I never become 'frumer'. I am centrist sliding left. I started to analyse my life, and find out what was the cause of my 'frumness'. Initially, I thought it was my study of the law of torts, every time I study I think back to my fond memories of learning Bava Basra. 

It was not that.

Then I thought I was eating too many products covered by Melbourne Kosher or Kosher Australia, they keep changing their name...very elusive, but I will get them someday. 

That was not it either. 

Last week, I had heard a rumor that Aish HaTorah had bought the radio station 'Triple J', 'Jewish, Jews and Judaica'. They had been disseminating their religious dogma subversively. Subconsciously I was becoming more close-minded. I started wearing more black (regardless of the fact they were skinny jeans) and covering my head with a hat during davening and brachos. It felt like I was going through puberty again...new things were happening...I felt butterflies in my stomach and awkwardness around the opposite sex. I was caught saying tehillim in my bedroom...what an embarrassing moment. It is worse than being caught...you know...playing...it's not loshon noki, I am still going through my frum stage, because one's soul is being poured out all over the table not just one's phallus. 

Don't be too frum, Aish HaTorah style. Not cool. 

1 comment:

  1. in the timeless words of stewie griffin:
    "anyone who uses the phrases 'irregardless', 'a whole nuther' or 'all of the sudden' shall be sent to a work camp!

    ReplyDelete