In a generation where orthodoxy's lamented slide to the right continues its embarrassing descent, CSG is a little tugboat pulling with all his or her might to the left.


The unsung heroes of the CSG.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

OMG! The Romans are coming!

Jerusalem. The religious and spiritual centre of the Jewish People

After two years at the helm of the Community Security Group (CSG) I would like to wish Amit Bar Giora success in his future endeavors. Bar Giora joined the CSG in November 2008, however, he will be leaving the security organization in March next year, nevertheless, he hopes to continue working in the field. (Jewish News, December 10, 2010)

Although this is irrelevant to this post, I have applied for the position. I cannot release much information regarding the excruciating interview vetting process, but what I can say is when they asked me if I had any prior security experience I responded that unfortunately I did not, however, I told them that my ego will grow, subsequently, allowing me extra-ordinary strength to arrest terrorists and look under seats in shule.

When I read the stories regarding the extraordinary exploits of Amit Bar Giora, I was in awe of the man. However, something was nagging me. Later, it occurred to me that Shimon Bar Giora was a leader of revolutionary forces during the First Jewish-Roman War in the 1st century Judea. There are two options. First, it was pure chance that Amit Bar Giora became the head of the CSG in Melbourne, or secondly, which is more probable is that he equates the importance of the CSG to the war against the Romans.

Melbourne...gotta love the culture!
I know the CSG makes a living by selling fear to the masses but seriously, equating the Melbourne security situation to the war against the Romans!

Lets take a look at the Jewish-Roman war. The Romans tried to destroy us, not only physically but also spiritually. They wanted to destroy Judaism. Where is the comparison to Melbourne?

May the Jews win!

For the record Simon Bar Giora died in 70 CE.

No comments:

Post a Comment