In a generation where orthodoxy's lamented slide to the right continues its embarrassing descent, CSG is a little tugboat pulling with all his or her might to the left.


The unsung heroes of the CSG.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have been drinking this for 3 months with no results, I think i might sue...what has the religious world come to?

I apologise for flooding my blog with images, nevertheless this one was too good to pass up.


No Jew would have ever fallen for such 'holy wine' in pre-war Europe. What has the religious world come to? Anyone who would have tried to sell this stuff would have been thrown out of the beit midrash for good reason. It is incredible, we now see great Torah scholars doing things that until now only hasidic rebbes did. However. it would be more incredible to see the reverse, that is, to see hasidic rebbes write seforim on Shas and poskim.

Just a side point. Do you think the Rebbe in the photo maintained his kavanah during the photoshoot?

(The image was taken from an article by Marc B. Shapiro)

No comments:

Post a Comment