To me, books like 'Living With Moshiach' have no place on one's Jewish bookshelf. It is simply not practical and pure speculation (on that note, half the masechtot we learn are not practical today but for some emotional connection I would leave them on the shelves. They do have a place on the Jewish bookshelf). I would have no problem if it became the sequel or prequel to 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Harry Potter'.
What bothers me most about this genre is that Jewish publishing houses have taken complex Jewish concepts which very few people understand and comprehend and publishe short books, aimed at people who are less fluent in Jewish texts in order to bring them closer to Judaism.
For all those atheists out there, I would also poke fun at the book 'The Way of God' but I cannot laugh at Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto, the prominent Italian Jewish rabbi, kabbalist, and philosopher.
No comments:
Post a Comment